17 November 2008

NEICN's Reimagining Ireland: the morning after

The conference was a big success with around 80 delegates from the UK, Europe and America, plus the Lady Mayor, and some extra guests at the banquet. NEICN give special thanks to Professor Flavia Swann who did so much, and the Glasgow University staff: Will, Paddy and Matt Mcguire and also to Colin, Vikki, Gemma, Bernie and Mel who co-ordinated the conference so well and to all attendees. Thanks also to the Inchigeelagh Irish Dance Academy who provided a number of fine displays. ITV News visited the conference and gave us an excellent article on the local news. We will post the video of the news item as soon as we can acquire a copy and video highlights of keynote speeches will follow over the coming weeks. In the mean time, do check out our picture galleries and get in touch with any feedback.

One delegate commented that; 'You know what I am going to say: I had a lovely time as usual. I know how much work goes on behind the scenes and how exhausted and mad it makes you feel, but it was well worth it. I met lots of old Sunderland conferences buddies and made several new buddies too. I came home with bulging notes of things I have to read, and new and interesting connections so it was a success on all levels.'

Another said that; Thanks for having me to speak at the conference - you did such a tremendous job and all your hard work really paid off; it was a great weekend. It was lovely to see you and to catch up. See you again soon, I hope. I'll definitely hope to be back in Sunderland again.'

No comments: